Photo Credit: galatheatre.org
The National Center for Latino Performing Arts in the heart of Washington D.C. is dedicated to promoting and sharing Latino arts and culture with the world. GALA (Grupo de Artistas Latinoamericanos), having staged over 165 productions, ranging from classical Spanish theatre to contemporary Latin American plays, proves to be both influential and monumental, in its efforts to educate and entertain.
The world has been set ablaze, and overwhelmingly receptive to “42,” the biographical film about the life of baseball player Jackie Robinson, a game changer for African-Americans in baseball. In good timing, GALA HISPANIC THEATRE is now performing DC-7 The Roberto Clemente Story. This show explores the journey of Roberto Clemente and his rise from the barrios of Puerto Rico to successful seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Continue reading
Get caught up on some of the top stories about artists of color!
- Berry Gordy and Motown: The Musical Host “Motown Family Night” on Broadway-Theatermania
- Producers Mike Medavoy and Bobby Geisler Developing Updated PORGY AND BESS Film-Broadwayworld.com
Deborah Cox: Photo Credit: Unknown
- Jekyll & Hyde, Starring Deborah Cox, Arrives on Broadway April 5-Playbill
- Heather Headley, Will Young and More to Perform at This Year’s Olivier Awards-Playbill
- Kinky Boots, Starring Billy Porter and Stark Sands, Opens on Broadway April 4-Playbill
- Bill T. Jones’ Super Fly Musical Enlists Rick Elice; Summer Workshop Planned-Playbill
- O’Neill Music Theater Conference Will Nurture New Musicals Goddess by Mkhululi Mabija–Playbill
Arts in Color is giving away ONE TICKET TO tonight’s dress rehearsal of “It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane… It’s Superman” at NY City Center at 7:30pm!
To enter this contest all you have to do is…
1) Like our Facebook page
2) Share our page on your wall (tagging us in the post)
*We will get in contact with the winner by 6pm EST. Please note this is not affiliated w/NY City Center.
Ma Cong/Photo Credit: Tulsa Ballet
Winning Works, With New Piece from Choreographers of Color Award Winner Jeremy McQueen, Ma Cong, and William McClellan held today-Playbill
THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD Ends Romp on Broadway Today-Broadway World
THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW to Open at Fugard Theatre in Cape Town, July 10-Broadway World
Playbill did this great recap Celebrating In the Heights, With Reunion Concert Clips and More-Playbill
Cicily Daniels Set for Reading of New Musical Gumbo-Playbill
Box-Office Opening Date Announced for Broadway’s Starry The Trip to Bountiful–Playbill
Babak Tafti/Photo Credit: Jordan Matter
The Paramount Theatre in Aurora has announced its 2013-14 season of four self-produced musicals including In the Heights, Miss Saigon, 42nd St, and RENT-Chicago Tribune
“The North Pool,” a play by Rajiv Joseph that opened on Wednesday night at the Vineyard Theater starringBabak Tafti–NY Times (Review)